P.D. F/U

Posted on

Just a quick follow-up on my Property Damage post.  Keep the at-fault insurance company honest when it come to the estimate for your motor vehicle damage.  Take your damaged car to a few different body shops and get estimates.  If your car is considered a “total loss” be sure to check out www.carmax.com, www.autotrader.com, www.kbb.com or www.nada.com for comparable values.  Look to the “private party” value instead of the “trade in” value.  “Trade in” value takes into consideration refinishing etc. and will affect the value.
This info applies to car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents and any other vehicles out there.  It never hurts to get a second (or third) opinion.
Jon Groth is a Wisconsin Personal Injury Attorney handling cases throughout Wisconsin and most recently in Waukesha, Peshtigo, Beloit and Janesville.

Get in touch with us today to get started with your FREE case review. We’re only a call, click, or short drive away.