When Should You Hire An Attorney After Car Accidents?

Posted on

Dealing with a car accident is often a drawn-out and exhausting process, especially if you were in a serious accident. Most people want it over as soon as possible and want to keep things simple. There’s nothing wrong with this. However, if you have serious injuries, you could be owed compensation for your injuries. Trying to get the matter settled as soon as possible could result in you not receiving the compensation you deserve for your injuries.

It’s essential to hire a well-versed Wisconsin car accident attorney to handle your motor vehicle accident claim. In fact, you should do so as soon as you possibly can. The sooner you have legal representation, the more successful your claim could be. With an attorney on your side, you can:

  • Ensure your claim is filed on time—which is generally three years from the date of the accident in Wisconsin
  • Get help collecting and preserving necessary evidence in support of your claim
  • Avoid saying or doing something that could decrease the compensation you are due
  • Receive protection from the insurance company’s tactics to not pay you fairly for your damages
  • Have the time and space you need to recuperate from your injuries

Call Our Office Today to Talk to a Reputable Wisconsin Car Accident Attorney

If you have been hurt in a car accident, don’t hesitate to reach out to a lawyer right away. To schedule a case review with a reputable Wisconsin car accident attorney, call Groth Law Firm today at 414-768-2727.

[Related Posts] : Reckless Driving In Wisconsin: Here’s What You Need To Know

Car Accident FAQ

If I have minor injuries, do I still need to contact an attorney?

Even if you aren’t sure you have injuries or believe them to be minor, you should still contact a Wisconsin car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your injury. They can help you determine what to do next.

What if the insurance company told me I don’t need a lawyer?

This is a common tactic used to get you to settle for less than you deserve for your injuries. Contact an attorney anyway.

Should I provide a recorded statement to the insurance adjustor?

No, you have the right to refuse and should avoid speaking to them at all. Once you hire an attorney, your attorney will handle all communications with them.

Get in touch with us today to get started with your FREE case review. We’re only a call, click, or short drive away.