There is of course no way to put a value on your loved one’s life – his or her life was invaluable to you. The law, however, does have a mechanism for calculating the value that can help you on the road toward recovery. If you’ve lost a loved one to someone else’s negligence, it’s time to consult with an experienced Wisconsin wrongful death attorney.
The Factors Involved
The factors that the law takes into consideration when calculating the legal value of your incredible loss include all of the following:
- The age of your loved one
- Your loved one’s earning capacity
- Your loved one’s health prior to the fatal accident
- Your loved one’s income at the time of death
- Your loved one’s dependents and their ages and circumstances
- Your loved one’s level of education and training
- The medical bills and other expenses your loved one incurred prior to succumbing to his or her fatal injuries
- The cost of your loved one’s funeral and burial
- The value of your loved one’s lost work benefits
- Past relationship between loved one and yourself
- Love, affection and conduct towards each other
- The society and companionship given between you and your loved one
- Personality, disposition, and character of your loved one
Reach out to an Experienced Wisconsin Wrongful Death Attorney Today
Losing a loved one to someone else’s negligence is a difficult experience, but the dedicated Milwaukee wrongful death lawyers at Groth Law Firm, S.C in Wisconsin understand the dire nature of your situation and are committed to helping by all means available to them. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at (414) 409-0114 today.
Is my case wrongful death?
If someone else’s negligence caused your loved one’s death, then your case likely qualifies as wrongful death.
Who covers the compensation?
The at-fault party’s insurance provider will be responsible for covering your compensation, and if the amount exceeds the policy’s limit, the at-fault party will be responsible for covering the excess amount.
What will my wrongful death attorney do for my case?
Your experienced wrongful death attorney will provide you with solid legal guidance, will help you better understand what to expect as you move forward with your case, and will skillfully negotiate with the insurance company on behalf of your case.